Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reckless Love...

http://youtu.be/B2k48D-B2bg
As I journeyed out of darkness into the light...God totally ambushed me one day. I was totally unprepared for the message of love that He would thrust into my reality. Two things that I have always been able to relate to are: Bible stories involving broken and marginalized people like Mary Magdeline, David and Bathsheba and the OT story of the Prophet Hosea and Gomer. (You will get the idea as you read through my blog posts). The second thing is maybe less spiritual...but non the less...musicals are at the heart of what I love. Now back to the beginning...
When I was at my lowest point spiritually, I finally found time to watch the musical Moulin Rouge. I had been meaning to watch it for years. I gotta say, at the very heart of it...it captured these two things I've most related to. God got me with music and a Hosea & Gomer story.
The movie had been so well crafted to include the "Gomer" character of Satine (whose name actually means "beautiful") and Hosea character "Christian" (surprise there...this is also the Christ character...with the name meaning "Christ-like")
In the heart of the movie, Christian, who is desperately wooing and trying to draw Satine, the harlot to himself and convince her of his love, is trying to verbalize his love.
In one scene...she is behaving in such a perfectly wordly and sensual way, rolling around and moaning...thinking this is what he was wanting.
And Christian shouts out a verse that is so alarming that it immediately catches her off guard and draws her attention away from her railing. "My gift is my song..." The intensity of the look in her eyes is what got me as she was caught unguarded. Only love could be so strong as to unravel all our pretenses, hurts, fears and shame.
What happened at that moment is nothing short of a miracle.
I was immediately roused from my own shameful behavior. And like Satine, whose gaze was so fixated on the man who was singing a love song....I was immediately stunned and captivated by the love of the One man Jesus. He ravished me in a moment and I was completely stripped of all my guile, shame, fear and lonliness.
All I could do was sit and sob. I was awestruck! What an amazing love...and I'd like to share with you what shattered my heart at one precious moment. Here is the link of the song and scene from the movie. But I highly recommend you see the whole movie. It is an amazing story of the Father's love, with all kinds of symbolism and imagery that you must have eyes to see and ears to hear.

This in only a portion of what I can share, because it's much deeper than mere words. There is so much more...and I want to know His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment