Thursday, November 3, 2011

constant love...

"...chosen by God and precious." i peter 2:4

These five words have undone me this evening. It seems they have leapt off the page, devouring all the shame and contempt that comes at me, and revealing to me the beginnings of a deep mystery.

I have felt the sting of rejection, the bitter disappointment of my own failings, and the shame of addictive sin...but it all begins to fade away as I draw near to the One who knows it all, who experienced it all, and purposely bore it all in love for us on the cross.

This precious One was despised and rejected by men, and we find that He was called by God the "chosen precious ONE". And we have been chosen by God and precious...a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people...called out of darkness.

And now we stand blinking in the light of this amazing love. Bright and shining ones all around, arrayed in splendor, washed in the blood, pure, white and spotless...not by any works that we can do, but by GRACE alone. That is so powerful to me...and it unravels me and humbles me to tears.
Thank you God for amazing, constant and perfect love. Amazing glorious love!


No comments:

Post a Comment